Openziti installation in production like environment

Not in the controller, no, but in order to complete the 3rd party CA enrollment process and verify the 3rd party CA, you will need to be able to produce a certificate with the given verification token as the CN of the certificate, issued by your CA. Here’s a video that covers that topic and is short Using 3rd Party CAs with Ziti CLI, and ZAC - YouTube. I just ran the commands from that video (found in the description) and when you use openssl to look at the cert it should look something like:

openssl x509 -in "$ZITI_PKI/${ca_name}/certs/${ca_name}.cert" -text
Certificate:
    Data:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number:
            4d:d6:af:ce:9b:2b:1a:33:75:7d:ec:31:4d:ea:93:c0
        Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: C = US, L = Charlotte, O = NetFoundry, OU = ADV-DEV, CN = new_ca_233932
        Validity
            Not Before: Aug 17 23:38:38 2022 GMT
            Not After : Aug 14 23:39:32 2032 GMT
        Subject: C = US, L = Charlotte, O = NetFoundry, OU = ADV-DEV, CN = KBm3LeaTr

Here you can see the CN was set to the ‘verification token’ and the ‘Issuer’ is my 3rd party CA I just created now.

The endpoints will still need a private key and public cert from the CA. Those are often in the form of pkcs12, often a .p12 or .pfx file extension. Top google result for pkcs12. I expect that distribution is already handled/accounted for?