System generated router

I was playing around a noticed an edge router with some type of system lock.

I dont know much about this… it would be great if you can provide more details about what this specifically does.

Thanks

Hi Mark ,
I assume you are asking about role attributes & its significance while configuring an Edge router policy. Please have a look into this

Regards,
Rahul

1 Like

That is a really good reference document… thanks

Specifically, do you know how the edge router

“edge-router-8Ao0gTLOCk-system”

was generated? I am not sure what significance it has… or understand how it was created?

Hi Mark,

Did you create this network manually through NF console access [OR] through Netfoundry API ?

I don’t remember creating it… I was going to delete it… but not sure how to diagnose what impact it will have.

I have been stopping and starting the router a bit… maybe something got stuck.

I have also had some server memory issues… due to putting too much on load on the server…

Not sure if its all related… but I am curious to learn how it was created

when you create an edge-router with the -t flag, the controller will create an identity based on the name of the edge router. The identity name will be ${routerName}-${shortId}-system. You are just lucky enough that the random 'short id' just happened to look like an english word "lock". Do note that the id actually had a zero - not an O in it :slight_smile:

There's not much more details to supply - I hope that covers it. :smiley: Also note that the ${shortId} from above will also be the "id" of the edge router in question.

1 Like

Fascinating coincidence… love it

PS… that also explains why I could not delete it … as I did try