Ziti-router connection issue with controller

I'm currently setting up OpenZiti on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and have successfully installed the Controller and Router. I've also configured ingress for both, allowing access through port 443. I can create identities and the tunneler is functioning perfectly when installed alone on any instance.

However, I'm encountering an issue when setting up a router with a tunneler on a GCP Compute instance using the following commands:

sudo ./ziti_router_auto_enroll --controller controller.test.ai --controllerMgmtPort 443 --controllerFabricPort 443 --autoTunnelListener --adminUser admin --adminPassword password --routerName pub-er-test-3

After executing the commands, I receive errors in the journalctl and systemctl logs. Here's the relevant output showing the process and the error:

> Service ziti-router.service stop successful.
> Removing previous binaries
> Writing jwt file: pub-er-test-4_enrollment.jwt
> Version not specified, going to check with controller
> Found version 0.34.1
> Downloading file: https://github.com/openziti/ziti/releases/download/v0.34.1/ziti-linux-amd64-0.34.1.tar.gz
> Downloading: 100%
> Successfully downloaded file
> Starting binary install
> Installing service unit file
> Service ziti-router daemon-reload successful.
> Creating config file
> Starting Router Enrollment
> Successfully enrolled Ziti
> Starting Debian DNS setup
> Service systemd-networkd restart successful.
> Service systemd-resolved restart successful.
> Service ziti-router.service start successful.
> Service ziti-router.service enable successful

The error message in the logs reads:

Apr 20 23:20:41 test-dns-openziti.asia-northeast1-a.c.aly-development.internal ziti-router[77989]: {"endpoint":"tls:controller.test.ai:443","error":"error connecting ctrl (remote error: tls: internal error)",">

Ports 443 and 54 are confirmed open via telnet:

> telnet controller.test.ai 443
> Trying 35.243.77.2...
> Connected to controller.test.ai.
> Escape character is '^]'.

Could someone help me resolve this issue?

Hi @ss_vinoth22,

It looks like the registration was successful so it's strange that it's not able to connect.

Instead of telnet, can you please do a curl of the controller like this:

curl -vk https://controller.test.ai/version

The command should return a json body from the controller with all the apiVersions available.

Thanks for your reply, I have fixed it; my bad, I didn't have the ingress for the controller to reach from outside. After creating ingress and DNS entries for controller and router, issue has fixed.