Errors running ng build ziti-console-lib

I can't get past ng build ziti-console-lib

Keep getting errors

Building Angular Package

Building entry point '@openziti/ziti-console-lib'

:heavy_multiplication_x: Compiling with Angular sources in Ivy partial compilation mode.
projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.html:7:5 - error NG8001: 'lib-form-field-container' is not a known element:

1. If 'lib-form-field-container' is an Angular component, then verify that it is part of this module.
  2. If 'lib-form-field-container' is a Web Component then add 'CUSTOM_ELEMENTS_SCHEMA' to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component to suppress this message.

7 <lib-form-field-container [showHeader]="false">
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.ts:10:16
10 templateUrl: './creation-summary-dialog.component.html',
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error occurs in the template of component CreationSummaryDialogComponent.
projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.html:7:31 - error NG8002: Can't bind to 'showHeader' since it isn't a known property of 'lib-form-field-container'.

1. If 'lib-form-field-container' is an Angular component and it has 'showHeader' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
  2. If 'lib-form-field-container' is a Web Component then add 'CUSTOM_ELEMENTS_SCHEMA' to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component to suppress this message.
  3. To allow any property add 'NO_ERRORS_SCHEMA' to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component.

7 <lib-form-field-container [showHeader]="false">
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.ts:10:16
projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.html:22:33 - error NG8002: Can't bind to 'ngClass' since it isn't a known property of 'li'.

22 [ngClass]="{selected: selectedEntityType === 'all'}"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.html:38:5 - error NG8001: 'lib-form-field-container' is not a known element:

1. If 'lib-form-field-container' is an Angular component, then verify that it is part of this module.

38 <lib-form-field-container [showHeader]="false" style="margin-top: 10px;">
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

projects/ziti-console-lib/src/lib/features/creation-summary-dialog/creation-summary-dialog.component.html:38:31 - error NG8002: Can't bind to 'showHeader' since it isn't a known property of 'lib-form-field-container'.

1. If 'lib-form-field-container' is an Angular component and it has 'showHeader' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
  3. To allow any property add 'NO_ERRORS_SCHEMA' to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component.

38 <lib-form-field-container [showHeader]="false" style="margin-top: 10px;">
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome, @amanzella. Before digging in to that specific error, is your goal to build the node-api server or something else? This Dockerfile is another point of reference for building the project and running it as a node-api (web app server and API): ziti-console/Dockerfile at main · openziti/ziti-console · GitHub

Are these the same build steps you are following to build ziti-console-lib? GitHub - openziti/ziti-console

Which version of Node.js are you using?

edit: a user reported a build problem with the main branch, and I confirmed the latest release ref app-ziti-console-v3.0.8 doesn't manifest the same issue.

@qrkourier I was trying to install locally (on a Debian 12 server). I'll give you a highlevel overview of what I'm trying to do.

We are an MSP, ISP and Teleco. We want to play around with OpenZiti to see if we can use it for our MSP customers.

I have a customer for whom I want to set up OpenZiti to control access to their RDP environment that we are building for them. The customer has a rack in our data center. We provide the connectivity to their rack and a block of public IPv4 IP Addresses.

I plan to install a VM as an edge router in their infrastructure.

In our rack, I plan to install the controller and ZAC.

From what I recall, the controller and ZAC can handle multi-tenant but the other services/servers cannot.

I would like to host only the services/servers that can handle multi-tenant in our rack vs hosting a VM for every single customer in our rack.

I'm at the first step which is installing the controller and ZAC on the VM in our rack. I went through the "local" install guide using the quick start up script. I'm able to start the controller service just fine but when I try to run the commands to install ZAC, I get the errors I posted above. The VM does not run docker.

@amanzella We just recently merged a fix that should address the error messages mentioned above. If you can pull down the latest and try running the build again. Let us know though if you're still having trouble. Thanks!

@rgalletto It's working now. However, after starting the console service, I can't access the GUI via port 8443

NVM, it's loading now. Just took a min.

1 Like

Great! Glad to hear. Please reach out if you have any other issues.

@rgalletto I would like to create a systemd service for the controller. Do you have an example?

@amanzella - if you've used the quickstarts, the ziti-cli-function.sh script comes with a few helper functions that allow you to create systemd files for the controller, router, and for the ziti admin console too.

You can check those out in git if interested:

Effectively it looks something like this:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-47-200:~$ export ZITI_HOME=/tmp
ubuntu@ip-172-31-47-200:~$ createZacSystemdFile
ziti-console systemd file written to: /tmp/ziti-console.service
ubuntu@ip-172-31-47-200:~$ cat /tmp/ziti-console.service
[Unit]
Description=Ziti-Console
After=network.target

[Service]
User=root
WorkingDirectory=/tmp/ziti-console