Using CloudZiti with the dotnet SDK

@TheLumberjack - On a different note, my company is using the NetFoundry tunneler for some of our apps and we have a NetFoundry network overlay for the Dev environment. Can I use our “dev” edge router to run the C# SDK samples? If yes, how do I use the Dev Router to offload traffic on the other side? Reference it by name while creating the bind policy?

Hi @ac_225, i moved your comment to a new topic. I’ll collect the steps and show you how to use CloudZiti with the dotnet sdk here. I’ll post back in a bit

Hi Asha…I’ve been following along with Clint and your queries on this. Looking at your console account, you have a single sdk endpoint (identity) registered. You will probably want to create another endpoint to test end to end. This could be an sdk endpoint or one of our tunneler endpoints. You will need to create an appwan that provides access from one endpoint to your sdk service. The Edge Router we created in your org is for transit and can be used to carry traffic…so depending on where everything is, you may go out and back in if local.or out and to somewhere else – Skip

I added a community post over at Using CloudZiti with the dotnet SDK - How things work - NetFoundry Community Support but i’ll recap the post here too.

Here’s how you would do that with CloudZiti:

• Obtain a CloudZiti/NetFoundry Console login and login

• Create an endpoint named “weather.demo” (no attributes needed) :

• download the jwt to your local computer and put it into the folder of your choice. I’ll put it into my WSL instance at /tmp/weather.demo but you could put it anywhere you like.

• make a new “Simple Service” (you could use any service type, this is just an example of doing it) Make sure you choose “Endpoint Hosted” and choose the identity of your private router. In my example, my private router is “@_dovanet_inovato_er” as shown:

• Add an appwan and authorize the dialing client. You can see I added @weather.demo.service to my appwan (#1) and authorize the “weather.demo” identity as shown (#2):

• on your dev machine run the dotnet sample. Start by cding to the Samples directory

• issue dotnet run weather /tmp/weather.demo.jwt and replace the path accordingly (if needed)

You should enjoy the weather from your dotnet app, via OpenZiti

Thanks for putting this together. Question about the step to create the service in the NF cloud console: You mention using the identity of a private router for the Endpoint hosted option. What would that be in my case? Would I create a private router in the cloud network we are using in my org?

Back in the original post, you mentioned:

how do I use the Dev Router to offload traffic on the other side

I don't know what the name is of this router, but that router likely has a corresponding identity to select in the Endpoint hosted section. I would think if you pop the drop down, down... It'll be clear?

Take my home CloudZiti setup for example. I have a 'private' router at my house -- it's "customer" provisioned as well as a public edge router used for onboarding traffic from anywhere provisioned by CloudZiti:

When I go to the service, it's in there, just hidden a bit amongst the other identities:

That help?