Move to HA set up from non HA

First thing first, CONGRATULATIONS on getting to 1.0 milestone! Kudos to the entire team! Really happy to see that.

I have the current openziti set up in AWS in non HA mode. I am thinking to deploy a new controller in HA mode in EKS and then make current controller as a member of the HA config. Would that work?

How would I move the existing bolt db to HA config?

How does the DB part work if controller is deployed in EKS?

TIA.

1 Like

First thing first, CONGRATULATIONS on getting to 1.0 milestone! Kudos to the entire team! Really happy to see that.

Thanks! Appreciate you coming along on the journey :slight_smile:

I have the current openziti set up in AWS in non HA mode. I am thinking to deploy a new controller in HA mode in EKS and then make current controller as a member of the HA config. Would that work?

How would I move the existing bolt db to HA config?

We've got the start of an upgrade guide here There are also a few temporary feature flags you'll need to set in the router and Go SDK, which are documented in the developer setup.

I would recommend converting your existing controller to run in HA mode. The upgrade will show you how to initialize the cluster using your existing bolt DB.

How does the DB part work if controller is deployed in EKS?

There's a section in the HA overview about how data storage differs in HA.

Let me know if that makes sense, or if we can clarify anything. Doc still needs some cleanup and needs to be pushed to the official doc site before official release.

Keep in mind the open issues noted in the 1.1.0 release notes for HA alpha2. We're working on fixing those last couple of things and should have a beta1 release out next week. After that, we'll be testing, polishing, etc.

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like