OpenZiti Ideas Forum - Dec 2, 2022

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback on the survey. I’ll be making a Discourse post with a link to the ideas doc 1 or 2 weeks before we have the Idea Forum. The process will hopefully be low-touch and easy. There will be a google doc shared which is meant to be open to the public and edited. Add your idea to the list and show up on the provided meeting invite link in the doc and we’ll discuss. We’ll start monthly at first and consider having more frequent meetings as needed. We also are considering forming SIGs and each SIG will have a similar style meeting if necessary.

Here’s the link to the first Idea Forum

Reminder that the Ideas forum for Dec 2 will begin at 11 AM ET - ~34 minutes from now

The doc was updated with notes. Replay can be found on the YouTubes at

1 Like

Great discussion… I took away many great insights…

Let me know when the next one is on… as I want to discuss my approach to integrate MFA into the zitified zssh client.

Another idea that I am considering is to develop a TerraForm script to automate the installation… I am considering this … and will play around with this over the break… but I am not really sure how to approach this

I do imagine that other scripts will be required to configure as required… through a vanilla implementation would be a good next step

PS… I am looking to avoid using Ansible… because I want the automation to be anchored around infrastructure…

One more idea I am also considering is to learn what extra bits are required for a custom implementation to integrate a credential manager.

ie.. when you use the Ziti Desktop Edge.. the certificate is automatically loaded into the keychain for a Mac..

In relation to a custom application that is aiming to implement ZTAA.. I am not 100% sure how to replicate this functionality.. and all of the other options for a production server based implementation.. ie. integration with Vaults etc..

It would be great to have some tips on this for the people new to this..