Zrok - re-create identity file?

Hi,

I deleted the $HOME/.zrok/identities/public.json file and re-created the public frontend but now I can't figure out how to re-create the identity file.

Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hi @mvelbaum, welcome to the community and to OpenZiti!

When you "enable" the environment, the identity should be generated. I believe you just need to re-enable the zrok environment.

Hey @TheLumberjack!

Isn't the environment enablement mostly used on the client side?
I need this for the zrok frontend container - this file was apparently generated at some point during the zrok setup process and I don't remember running "enable" at any point.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood the identity file referenced. Yes, you're right. I suspect it's the zrok admin create frontend command then is what creates the identity. I've not actually done this myself. We might need to get an answer from @michaelquigley if that doesn't get you what you need.

I had to delete the public identity from the ziti controller, and then run:

HOME=/docker/data/zrok/home zrok admin create identity public
chown -R ziggy:zitiweb /docker/data/zrok/home

For some reason deleting the existing frontend using zrok admin delete frontend <id> deleted it from the output of zrok admin list frontends, but creating a new frontend gave an error:

[ERROR]: create frontend request failed: name already exists ([POST /frontend][400] createFrontendBadRequest)

I had to manually open the sqlite3 database and do a DELETE FROM frontends; to actually delete it. No idea why.

Edit: after fiddling around with some stuff it finally worked!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like