Geyser minecraft server with Zrok

Is it possible to make a geyser minecraft server with zrok? I have everything for geyser set up, so I just have to somehow get 127.0.0.1 with port 19132 out to my zrok client. I am using zrok client on a free vps (oracle) but I can make another virtual machine if I need to.

Hi @Abatall, welcome to the community and to zrok (and OpenZiti)!

I've not actually used Geyser yet myself, but I know that Geyser adapts Bedrock --> Java so that must mean Geyser is going to need a UDP port, in your case it seems like that'll be using the default 19132. Sure you can do that.

Since you have a VPS already, I would just open up a second port in the VPS firewall and run zrok a second time on the VPS with udpTunnel instead of tcpTunel. I think you and I had a tiny chat on youtube comments (thanks for commenting here, this forum is just so much better to help people on).

Since you have the java version running, run all the same steps again, just change a few things:

• you'll want to make a different reserved share name. You'll have one for tcp and one for udp.
  • where you ran "tcpTunnel" before (when running the zrok reserve private command), you'd just replace "tcpTunnel" with "udpTunnel"
  • change the default port from 25565 (tcp default for java) to 19132 (the default for udp/bedrock/presumably geyser)

Then on the home server, you just fire up a second zrok access there too for udp then you should be good to go.

I don't know enough about Geyser to know if it ALSO listens on TCP, but my expectation is that isn't the case and that you will want/need to run two zrok share and two zrok access instances. But that should work perfectly fine for you.

Hope that helps!

I actually tried some of this on my own after I left the comment, and I downloaded the server bedrock start from the minecraft github and since I couldn't see the command line anymore on the vps I created another free vps and opened up both port 19132 udp and tcp on it, but it didn't work as I couldn't join it. Is there something I am doing wrong? I wrote all my setup info on a windows sticky note and can send that here which is what I do every time when I start it up.

you could just ssh there 2x in two windows. that's how i'd do it. you can also run it with the --headless flag. I will see if i can setup Geyser and give it a try...

oh I didn't think of that, ok, one thing though while I was following your tutorial for the java version I did have to open both the tcp and udp ports of 25565 if that matters

Yeah, I would run geyser on the minecraft server side, then expose UDP 19132 on the vps, tunnel that to your zrok access side and offload it to geyser there, which will then send it over to the actual java-minecraft server. I'll make a diagram and video if it's quick, you're the second person to ask for Geyser...

Image for how it would probably work best. This is only the UDP half of the equation:

Ok, that's the ticket. It took me a while to learn that I needed java server 1.21 but once I got through that it was very straightforward. Have a look at my video here

Basically it works just like the "start-server.ps1" does, but this time you'll tunnel port 19132 from the vps to your geyser server which is right next to your minecraft server as shown in the diagram above.

Hope that helps, have fun!