Using createEdgeRouterConfig

Was trying to use the quickstart stuff to create a router config using the env variables specific to my network and I was having a hard time finding where the templates for the createEdgeRouterConfig live in a form that I can edit/tweak?

The main problem I’m having is trying to automate the configs, the CSR section defaults of course are not what I have for my network, is it possible to set these somehow via a variable?

edge:
  csr:
    province: NC
    locality: Charlotte
    organization: NetFoundry
    organizationalUnit: Ziti

The quickstart stuff will use the ziti cli and call: ziti create config router ${flags}

These four fields are sadly not configurable at this time. The template is embedded within the ziti cli. I’m actually in there right now making changes. I can make changes and get a new ziti cli released… If it would help, I can add four new env vars that you set so that the ziti create config command will emit the config files with the values supplied.

That, or you can just emit the config files on your own. Would it be useful to have four env vars you could set? Or would you rather emit the files on your own?

Currently I was using the env vars to configure what we could, then manually editing the files…terrible I know.

I’d love to get them set via env variables (or in some use cases, aws metadata tags → env).

I also noticed that adding multiple IPs to the SANS IP: array doesn’t work right?

I’m trying to remember if we are missing anything else from the config that we have to manually tweak, as we are using the edge router as a LAN router at the moment.

Ok. Five new vars will be coming…

export ZITI_EDGE_ROUTER_CSR_C="NotUS"
export ZITI_EDGE_ROUTER_CSR_ST="NotNC"
export ZITI_EDGE_ROUTER_CSR_L="NotCharlotte"
export ZITI_EDGE_ROUTER_CSR_O="NotNetFoundry"
export ZITI_EDGE_ROUTER_CSR_OU="ZitiFTW!"

Here’s what it’ll look like when rendered/set And I might change them to be just ZITI_ROUTER (dropping the edge)
setting-csr

Just to tie this off, these were implemented in v0.29.0